The CLA1000 from Digital Deep Sea is a fully approved, Class A transponder that meets all IMO requirements. Built to the most demanding of standards, the CLA1000 is MED Wheel Marked and comes with a global 2 year warranty.
Normally fitted to larger vessels that are mandated to fit a Class A Transponder due to their size or number of passengers, many smaller non-mandated vessels can also benefit from fitting a Class A transponder. With 12W transmit power, compared to 2W for Class B, many off shore sail boats will benefit from being visible at greater ranges, while the faster (up to every 3 seconds) update rate of the Class A transmissions, compared to every 30 seconds with Class B, will definitely benefit fast power boats that can go a long distance in 30 seconds.
Two other important benefits of Class A Transponders are that:
- They take priority over Class B transponders in areas of high AIS traffic (transmission slot allocation is guaranteed for Class A transponders)
- And they are always displayed on other Class A transponders and ECDIS systems on board large commercial vessels.
Hitting a new price point for Class A Transponders, the CLA1000 is now a realistic consideration for non-mandated vessels that would benefit from fitting a Class A transponder but could not justify the previously high price of this type of device.
- Fully approved and MED Wheel Marked Class A Transponder.
- Ultra Compact Design.
- Easy soft key and rotary encoder operation.
- Built-in GPS with easy to fit 1” x 14tpi mount GPS antenna.
- Pilot Plug for easy PC connection.
- Remote break out box for on-board interfacing.
- Supplied with configuration software and SmarterTrack Lite AIS software